Sunday 9 November 2014

Poppies


As it's Remembrance Sunday, I thought that I would post a few pictures of the poppies at the Tower of London which we saw last weekend. As you can see it was pretty busy and although the crowds were very respectful I think that did somewhat detract from the solemnity of it:














(All photos taken with my i-pad)

Later today we will be visiting a 'living history' exhibit in the village. Here's the poster my wife did for it. I am also curious to see who will be playing the last post this morning. My son has done it the last two years but now he is away at university.


A somewhat belated update: And in case anyone was wondering, the 'Keep the Home Fires Burning' event was excellent; very moving and extremely well attended. Fulbourn was the host to one of the first convalescent hospitals and it was mostly (though not entirely) about that with many people taking the parts of wounded soldiers, nurses and other people connected to the hospital. An excellent piece of community theatre. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me, though. Well done to Jenny and all involved.

2 comments:

  1. You have captured the scene with some good angles on your camera/I-pad and a nice touch that your son did the last post in your village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. Appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete